Friday I woke up hoping to get out of the house. With the exception of one horribly long painful grocery run, we had been home for an entire week because of a virus. My original plans were re-arranged and so I quickly decided I'd head to a MOPS leadership meeting and then was last minute invited to a friend's house for lunch who we hadn't seen in a very long time. As we were sitting down for our meeting, Jon called me to tell me he had been let go from his job. We are so confused and lost as to what really happened in the last few week. Mostly it feels like a conspiracy to have gotten rid of him, party we feel like Jon was tricked into quitting so he wouldn't get any unemployment. We are so disappointed and frustrated at how juvenile his managers handled the situation and how little grace Jon was shown as a new worker.
So, needless to say, it took me a while to find my thankful spirit yesterday... however there are some definite things we are SO thankful for...
1. An All-knowing God.... He knew I would need to be out of the house and distracted yesterday morning. He re-arranged my schedule to have an awesome meeting, learning even more about how MOPS leadership works and then meet with an awesome friend. Our girls are so close in age and they had such a great time playing together! By the time we got home, Jon had time to get his tools from work, and settle down about the situation and I had time to talk it through with some friends and also settle down so we could enjoy our evening together.
2. Jehovah-Jireh - my Provider... surprisingly I am not at all stressed about how we are going to live for however long it takes for Jon to find a new job. Both Jon and I are totally at peace knowing God has provided before and He will again to make sure our needs are taken care of. We are so thankful for the promises that God has provided in His Word that we can lean on in times like these.
3. on a happier note, we all are feeling better! Thank God! Jade always takes a little longer to recover than the rest of us, but her breathing treatments have really been helping get her cough under control. Now the girls seem to be feeling well and we just have to get back into a good eating schedule and TV schedule (since while they're sick I let them watch an excessive amount of TV)
4. Garage construction is almost done! We have had construction guys and our landlord working on tearing down and putting up a new carport for 3 weeks now. I cannot wait for it to be completed so we don't get 7 AM phone calls saying people will be here right outside our windows/doors working. I believe all that's left is a few outside walls and it is done!
5. This wonderful place we live... We knew when we moved in that God had provided an amazing home for us, and to this day, we are still grateful and are in love with the place. Where else can you see amazing scenes like this right outside your window? and this is just a taste, I cannot find the pics of all the deer, neat birds and groundhogs we see all the time!
|three lil baby fox... see the tail on the third behind the tree?|
|so super cute!!|
|this big turkey ran all the way up our driveway haha|